Contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of our global platform’s Web Framework components and build Web First UIs as a senior member of an agile scrum team. Provide engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams.
Why this role is important
The team you are joining helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug medium to large software enhancements and solutions within business and technical problem domains including modifications to core frameworks and other primary facilities critical to system operation
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designers, Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn moderately complex business requirements into working and sustainable software
- Provide thought leadership in the design of UI Frameworks
- Provide informed guidance and direction in code reviews
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Contribute to written design and API documentation, and participate in customer documentation process
- Assist in improving development test methodologies and contribute to related test methodology frameworks
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Provide expert level troubleshooting on large, mission critical client implementations
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to and advancing scrum methodology, including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Participate in cross-team group activities to complete assignments
- Provide mentoring to junior staff
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- 6 to 10 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience preferably in a financial services product delivery setting
- 4 to 7 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- Authoritative experience with modern web frameworks such as Angular 2, React and Vue
- Able to contribute to complex design specs in consultation with senior staff
- Able to work on medium to large projects with no supervision and on more complex tasks with minimal oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired