Currently seeking a Mid-Senior Analyst focused around Aladdin Software implementation and business analysis. If you are interested in joining our entrepreneurial team, this may be the one for you!
Candidates must have at least 4-10 years of experience in project management, business analysis, operational, or technology delivery roles within an investment management firm. More senior candidates are welcome.
- Organize and execute an overall project plan and timeline with deliverables and assigned task owners.
- Gather business requirements from Operations, Traders, and Portfolio Managers related to full life cycle trading functions.
- Design detailed process diagrams for cross functional teams.
- Develop and execute test plans. Engage users to beta test and sign off on newly developed software.
- Lead selected projects that are part of a larger program. The candidate must be comfortable presenting to C-level senior management within a large investment management organization.
- Resolve conflicts by building consensus amongst cross functional teams (both internal and external to the client)
- Effectively manage relationships with all levels of employees. Must speak with confidence and be comfortable asking educated questions.
- Make operational / technology recommendations to improve the integrity of data based on quantitative data analysis.
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities to improve operational efficiency for our clients.
- Perform quality assurance and system testing to ensure expected results are achieved. Investigate and document root cause issues. The candidate is required to perform detailed systems analysis as well as project management / oversight responsibilities.
- Integrate software with market data providers and external software vendors.
- Experience integrating with electronic trading venues and trade confirmation / settlement platforms is a strong plus.
- Liaise between business and technology personnel (both internal and vendor I.T.) to ensure business requirements are met.
- Create policies, procedures, and current / future state workflow diagrams using Microsoft Word and Visio.
- Create presentations using PowerPoint for both client and internal company projects.
- Develop data reconciliations and data migration templates in MS Excel.
- Knowledge or experience with SQL is a plus but not required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Candidates must be self-starters and capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must have prior experience in Investment Management, Fund Accounting, or other Financial Services role.
- Deep knowledge of Fixed Income trade processing is required. Experience in other asset classes (derivatives, equities) is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong experience with investment data and investment operations (security master, trade processing, reconciliation, corporate actions, portfolio compliance)
- Must be able to work independently to research and solve complex problems from both business and technology perspective.
- Must have an interest in entrepreneurship and contributing to the growth of a new business.
- Must have degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field. MBA and/or CFA are a plus, but not required.
- Must have strong desire to work within a collaborative and high-paced work environment along with ability to work overtime on a regular basis.
- Must be organized, motivated to meet strict deadlines, and always willing to go above and beyond for clients and colleagues.
- Must have exception communication skills (both written and oral).