The Business Architecture group optimizes how products & services, business capabilities, processes, technologies, data, organizational units, policies, value streams, client experience, etc., are assembled to deliver the firm’s business strategies. The group also influences the formulation of these business strategies by assessing the firm’s ability to deliver them. As such, Business Architecture plays a critical role in reimagining future-state business across all business lines to support our modernization initiatives, working collaboratively with Business Units, IT Architecture, Application Development, and other stakeholders (e.g., Finance, Risk, Resiliency), as well as applying its Business Automation capabilities.
The Business Architecture Senior Analyst will be responsible for understanding and contributing to the business strategy in close collaboration with business areas. Applying analytically driven frameworks and insights to business and process reimagination efforts in support of our enterprise-wide transformation program. Creating and managing business process modeling and documentation by leveraging specialized tools to enable enterprise capability realization in order to deliver Business Architecture solutions. Participate in design thinking and process & decision modeling using BPMN compliant methodologies and tools. Understanding current-state pain points & opportunities and leading to process reimagination by incorporating customer journeys across our product portfolio, with the objective of delivering best-in-class client experience, improving operational efficiency and increasing resiliency.
- Perform business and process re-imagination by analyzing, documenting, and designing business strategies, capabilities and processes, including key performance indicators (KPIs), service level agreements (SLAs), business reports, process metrics, and process diagrams
- Design business architecture artifacts and deliverables to deliver expected business case and value proposition (risk, resilience, complexity, reuse, total cost of ownership etc.)
- Utilize design thinking and collaborative approach to drive re-imagination sessions with subject matter experts
- Play a strategic thinker role by developing a deep understanding of each business division’s strategy, business model, operating model, processes, teams, and culture
- Create effective working relationships with business teams, and key subject matter experts
- Focus on creating value by optimizing performance across people, processes and technology
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written, to varied levels of the organization
- Able to conduct interviews with subject matter experts (functional/technical), sponsors, and participating functions prior to and during business architecture development
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Data Management and Master & Reference Data is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior business analyst experience preferred
- Experience in banking, capital markets, or financial operations preferred
- Familiar with process improvement methodologies a plus (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Business Process Management certification is a plus
- Experience with BPMN 2.0 is a plus