Project involves moving existing clients off legacy data hub to next generation platform.
The Benchmark Service Operations/Business Analyst will join a team that delivers mission critical data as a service globally. We manage vendor, third party and client directed data and deliver business ready information to support trading, compliance, investment oversight and other functions. We provide streamlined access to reference data, pricing, benchmark, ESG, holdings and other key data domains.
The Team is responsible for running, maintaining, supporting and trouble-shooting our Benchmark Service. As a Senior Business/Data Analyst, you will be an integral player in providing these key services to our clients. You will be expected to manage multiple technical initiatives and must be self-motivated, self-driven and results oriented.
- Analyze Client data requirements between various Benchmark Data Providers including RIMES
- Work to migrate existing clients off legacy benchmark service onto next generation service via Alpha Data Hub
- Work to reconcile and support benchmark indices between the 2 systems
- Validate solutions/alerts to monitor raw data coming in from the vendors, identifying issues and providing accurate data to clients.
- First line for client trouble reporting. Escalate as appropriate.
- Document client requests, issues and resolution
- Data coverage analysis for new and existing clients to judge how good a fit is the Data Services for the client needs
- Ensure data integrity across multiple environments by effectively QA’ing key data points
- Validate SQL automations to improve data coverage
- Primary link between data vendors and clients
- Work as QA to locate, troubleshoot and resolve data gaps/issues as and when new data vendors sign up with the team
- Contribute to the evolving offerings of the Data Service
- Support future Data Service Benchmarks enhancements
What we value
- Detail-oriented and can multi-task; You will be engaged in multiple implementations concurrently
- 8+ years Business/Data Analyst experience – significant current work in the investment sector with solid knowledge of investment benchmark data/indices
- Solid work with SQL
- Solid work in requirements gathering and data analysis
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of investment data flows – knowledge of reference data
- Self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills and ability to recognize long term solutions across multiple projects
- Knowledge of ETL tools
- BS in Finance, MIS, CS, IT, Engineering or related fields