The successful candidate will be responsible for defining, planning and implementing technology solutions to achieve Collateral Management strategic directives and industry/regulatory mandates. The individual will be responsible for working with Business and Technology counterparts across global sites as a Product Owner and use their knowledge of the business systems, industry, and system development lifecycle methodology to direct the execution of complex projects throughout their life cycle.
- Implement a comprehensive collateral management platform that services client needs, drives simplification, and reduces redundant collateral capabilities bank wide
- Implement optimization capabilities leveraging existing rules engines and designing & executing an end-to-end process flow, working with both the business and development teams, by acting in the capacity of a Product Owner.
- Implement standard, simplified data management and systems integration to ensuring flexible, robust overall offering.
- Lead very complex and challenging business/system requirements working session by facilitating strategic user meetings.
- Work with business team to understand requirements and develop wireframes and articulate the vision to the development team and oversee end-to-end development lifecycle.
- Responsible for designing and executing an end-to-end data and process flow working with both the business and development team. Establishing end-to-end connectivity across the eco-system including SWIFT.
- Decompose abstract and complex details/concepts into business and functional requirements that can be understood by the stakeholders (i.e. end users, developers, testers, etc.)
- Document project requirements and other project related documents with clear and concise language consistent with methodology framework.
- Work with the project team to develop and manage project plans including issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Consult with users, developers, testers, and implementation specialists.
- Direct the development of end user training plans, (business level) user acceptance test plans, and implementation plans; communicates to senior management and business representatives.
- Instruct, guide and supervise project team in the resolution of issues, risks and impediments.
- Partner with technology and business managers providing overall strategic leadership in developing and maintaining disciplined processes.
- Ensure governance with the project methodology standards, documentation, and approvals (e.g. project artifacts, tollgates, etc.)
- Manage participation from required stakeholders to ensure accurate deliverables
- Manage cross team dependencies with other business and IT areas.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in technology, finance, business or equivalent.
- At least 10+ years of related professional financial services and project management experience.
- Background in software implementation in the Financial Services industry working as a Business Analyst and/or Product Owner.
- Experience in Colline, Apex, Cloud Margin, etc would be a plus.
- Good working knowledge of relational and object stores with hands-on SQL experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Trade Flows, Security Reference & Market Data, Valuations, Benchmark Data, and designing end-to-end operational data flow architecture.
- Development experience in Collateral Management applications is highly desired.
- Experience in custody and settlement workflows using SWIFT for security & cash movements.
- Proven experience implementing financial systems using standardized SDLC methodologies and tools (e.g. AGILE).
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Very strong management, project management and leadership skills.
- High Level of proficiency in Excel, Access, VBA and Visio tools would be desired.