Our platform enables aggregation, enrichment, validation and client consumption of investment data. Clients’ will be able to manage multi-asset class data from any service provider or data vendor for a more holistic and integrated view of their holdings.
Reporting to the Client Implementation Lead, the Business Analyst is a versatile individual with strong business and data analysis skills that can be leveraged for the development and support of our state-of-the-art solutions, services and product offerings.
The successful candidate must be skilled in business data analysis; have expertise with functional requirements gathering and documentation; have strong verbal, written, and presentation skills; have a proven ability to liaise between business/implementation and technology teams and display collaboration skills. This role is a client-facing role and is part of the Client Implementation Team.
- Support individual client implementation efforts with a particular focus on driving forward configuration and set up, the business requirements, data loading and testing phases of the effort.
- Work with the wider project team and Project Manager to help establish project delivery plans and delivery estimates.
- Provide analysis to clients (internal and external) on current and future state data-centric operating models.
- Liaise with clients in order to establish and document implementation requirements, develop “use cases” to document requirements.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the offering to perform subject matter expert activities, consultancy, implementation configuration and demonstrations.
- Analyze and document data mappings from source systems to the solution and onward data outputs for client implementations.
- Analyze and document any derivation, workflow and enrichment required within the solution for client implementations.
- Participate in solutioning the business problem by working closely with Senior Implementation Team members and Alpha Data Services development team.
- Implement managed service offering, in collaboration with core Development team.
- Support internal and client testing activities prior to “go live” date and immediate post-production transition with the support of test plan development and test scripts.
- Help manage project to time and cost objectives.
- Support on-going enhancements to scope of services for existing clients as needed.
- Contribute input on specific and overall data services product requirements (for specific client or to close product gaps) and enlist Alpha Data Services Product support.
- Collaborate with other implementation team members to share best practices, raise issues, develop consistent global processes.
- Knowledge and working experience of SQL, Oracle, Toad, Squirrel, EDM and ETL are all an advantage.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior.
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making.
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business.
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- 5+ years of financial services experience is preferred.
- Clear understanding of investment data and aspects of investment process.
- Previous experience implementing software or data service is preferred.
- Experience in or desire to learn technical skills, e.g, SQL, database design, multi-tenancy architecture, etc. is required.
- SQL experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to multitask and work under high pressure deadlines.
- Ability to reprioritize quickly.
- Team player with professional and positive approach.
- Flexible and can adapt easily to changing/evolving role requirements.
- Creative, innovative and able to think outside of the box.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient.
- Effective communicator.