Who We Are
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
The primary purpose of this role is to develop real-time algorithmic FX and/or Rates trading and hedging systems. The candidate will display excellent organizational, motivational, and technical ability aligned to sustained experience within a high-performance technology environment. This will require knowledge of multithreaded Java development, messaging systems, complex event processing and ability to integrate these with external systems. Knowledge of the FX and/or Rates markets is essential. The candidate will work effectively as part of a global team to design and implement real time solutions in close co-ordination with the FX and/or Rates trading desks. Strong communication, teamwork skills, and experience with agile development methods are required.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Contribute to the overall design and development of the real-time solutions for FX and/or Rates electronic/algo Trading and Risk Management.
- Work closely with business sponsors to understand their requirements and architect, design and execute technical solutions.
- Work with other team members to ensure that tactical and strategic solutions dovetail.
- Provide guidance and mentoring for new team members as necessary.
Identify business, technology and people risks associated with a solution. Assist with 2nd line support as necessary.
- Significant experience designing, implementing and delivering complex globally distributed high availability real-time trading systems.
- Experience effectively applying technology best practices and processes to a high-paced Capital Markets organization
- Excellent server side core Java skills.
- QA Automated testing and process
- Experience with ‘Agile’ style development methods
- Significant industrial experience dedicated to FX and/or Rates front office technology (pricing, risk, liquidity aggregation, high frequency trading, ecommerce, etc.)
- Experience working with quantitative analysts and developers, traders and risk management
- Knowledge of KDB
- Knowledge of FX and/or Rates trading and/or electronic/algo trading.
Knowledge of shared memory messaging technologies, e.g., chronicle, aeron.
- Ability to meet client needs without sacrificing deadlines and quality
- Ability to break problems into well-defined and manageable tasks
- Ability to work effectively within global team
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to liaise with traders, middle office, and IT
- Highly motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to cope with changing priorities
- Takes accountability for own work
- Aligns immediate needs with long-term strategies
- Significant experience developing, maintaining, and deploying high-performance, low-latency applications.
- Design abilities, which will involve building designing and deploying managed and unmanaged solutions.
- Multithreaded skills & use of current Java Frameworks and python
- Knowledge of messaging systems such as Solace, Tibco/RV, and IBM MQSeries and how to integrate them