IT Director – Boston Based
The Information Technology (IT) Director position reports to the VP of IT and is responsible for the leadership of IT environment and overall integrity of the firm’s infrastructure and ongoing operation. The overall leadership include managing the relationship with Managed Service Provider, driving the infrastructure strategy (closely linked to the firm’s overall IT strategy), and managing the seamless integration of IT services into the larger corporate environment. The technical work will include oversight of physical and virtual networks, servers, laptops, workstation, printers, A/V equipment, tickets and other computing equipment including managing the managed services resources and partner relationship.
- Align IT end user services strategy and infrastructure strategy with overall IT goals, as well as our organizational goals.
- Oversee and drive all adoption of end user productivity tools, infrastructure and networking projects, including budget management.
- Maintain accounts and reconcile monthly numbers to the budget
- Manage vendor/partner relationships, contracts, and license compliance.
- Manage, define and update core IT policies and standards
- Manage IT audit recommendations and follow up
- Budget management and planning
- Define and lead improvement efforts for your area.
- Technical responsibilities:
- Manage and support our computer operations, infrastructure, desktop support, network administration, user services, information security and data center.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies for upgrade, expansion, disaster recovery planning, continuous improvement and preventive maintenance of all IT systems.
- Responsible for the introduction of new systems and hardware/software rollouts
- Ensure that company assets are tracked and maintained responsibly
- Stay abreast of changing technologies and practices and their impact on our business
- Be on call 24/7/365 to support the business
- Support disaster recovery plans
- Manage back-up, archiving and security systems
- Ensure the firm’s Information Systems are in compliance with pertinent regulations
- Research and recommend new technologies
- Other duties as assigned
Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of and previous experience with :
- Software licensing
- MS Active Directory
- VOIP phone systems
- Mobile platforms and enterprise integration
- Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Networking – DNS, Switches, Firewalls and Routers
- ITIL framework and security best practices
- Familiarity with:
- System Center Services
- Windows Update Server (WUS)
- MS SQL Server
- PCI, FISMA, and WISP compliance and their business impact
- Business continuity best practices
- Ability to manage a team of IT professionals and strong contractor/partner management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work with a team approach and in a service-oriented manner
- Ability to deliver results and present via data/metrics
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedbacks and concerns
- Ability to deliver world-class customer service and a strong desire to help
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related discipline required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 7 years of experience working in an IT setting, 2-3 years of management experience required
- Ability to collaborate with and support broad range of staff
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong understanding of Microsoft technologies including Azure hosting and Office 365 suite required
- Commitment to our Values
- Commitment to equity, anti-racism, and the improvement of societal systems