The team you will be joining a team that helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As Cloud Platform Engineer you will
- Responsible for Cloud Platform Engineering for a technical domain or initiative, working with multiple scrum teams, engineering managers and architects to deliver a well-architected, principled technology platform.
- Deep knowledge and hands on implementation experience on premium cloud Infrastructure and networking.
- Hands on scripting with Infrastructure As Code using Terraform.
- To Provide cloud engineering support for build, migration and operation of cloud infrastructure
- Researches and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and proactively recommend areas where they can bring business value.
- Develop aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks and security.
- Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies leveraged by the development organization and engineering teams
- Develop baseline for deliverables to include; Network access, Restriction of internet facing resources within cloud platform, provision and configure computer resources within Azure environment
- Provide expertise and serve as Subject Matter Expert regarding Cloud for both infrastructure and applications in cloud platform.
- Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects and Cloud Operations Team with any security-related issues that arise and maintain a log of operational activities performed
- Hands on experience designing and engineering services on industry standard cloud platform.
- Design and deploy enterprise-scale solutions.
- Keeping Azure enterprise level projects that design and deploy cloud environments for hosting business application services in scope , you lead designing, testing, and implementing application services migrations in both a manual and AI manner
- Perform technology investigations to develop and maintain the knowledge base of current leading edge and developing technologies with the goal of using the knowledge to identify emerging business opportunities and in support of existing business programs.
- Be the liaison with project teams on cloud technologies and solutions
- Expected to learn new technologies and continue to expand expertise
- Participates in Innovation activities by commenting and generating ideas and leading a team which can be multisite.
- Become a go to person for Cloud Engineering. Should have a basic understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls.
- Participate in the establishment on an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts and on-going production operations. Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Provide thought leadership on cloud platform technology use, design and implementation
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical or Analytical field required, Master’s preferred
- Network certification preferred
- Authoritative knowledge and experience in industry standard container management platform.
- Five years of cloud deployment experience, preferred with Azure experiences.
- Demonstrated cloud deployment experiences using standard CI/CD pipeline
- Experience in automation and building deployment pipelines for production and staging platform
- Working experience in Github, Gitlabs, Ansible, Terraform will be preferred.
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies and services.
- Working experience with standard cloud deployments.
- Working experience with highly segmented networks in public and private clouds.
- Working experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies in Azure or any other cloud platform
- Prior enterprise cloud architecture/design experience a huge plus.
- Experience in cloud monitoring using Datadog, ELK stack or Splunk.
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills
- An innovative approach to work, constantly looking to upgrade the system to more efficient and effective new technologies and processes
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Work experience in multiple public cloud preferred