Product Owner/Client Relations to join our team to spearhead both the successful implementation and the ongoing management of clients using our SaaS suite of solutions. You will own the customer relationship during the implementation process, including gathering technical requirements and interfacing with the Development team to ensure all business and project goals are met. This position combines a great instinct for problem solving, and technical competency with a client-friendly and client-focused personality.
The ideal candidate is organized, experienced in agile product/project management, and genuinely interested in understanding the business goals and technology aspects of their projects (i.e., not satisfied with simply tracking tasks on a checklist or project plan). This may require a hybrid agile approach blending traditional waterfall project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning to provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
The Product Manager will employ various techniques to foster collaboration and protect the development team from outside distractions. Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users.
This is a hybrid role reporting to the Director of Programming and combines project management, business analysis, product management and agile ceremonies.
Strategic thinking, innovation, analytical insight, communication, and cross-functional teamwork are essential to the success of every element of our business. We take smart risks, solve important problems and adapt and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is passionate about this space, takes ownership of their ideas, and is ready to join a team that is made stronger through innovation and collaboration.
Act as the main point of contact and proactive interface between the customer and internal development team to ensure a timely implementation of our solutions:
- Translate and analyze customer business capability needs into tactical plans and actionable work items for the development team; provide best practice guidance to the customer on workflow and configuration decisions
- Provide support to the customer during the configuration, implementation, and validation testing process
- Document and communicate project timelines, meeting notes, decisions, and next steps to project stakeholders to foster transparency and accountability for project deliverables
- Ensure that projects follow a lightweight methodology and meet quality standards before being released to end user
Provide agile product/project management support to key product development and core engineering projects on a day-to-day basis:
- Generate a common understanding amongst the team of the product vision and strategy
- Clearly understand and document business needs, set priorities for sprint planning, and review deliverables at sprint completion; measure development team’s success against these commitments
- Form and socialize product requirements, and translate them into engineering-actionable work
- Proactively identify, track, and communicate dependencies, risks, and issues affecting projects and collaborate on finding a resolution
- Create an environment for the development team to thrive by protecting the team from outside distractions and over commitment
- Work to continuously improve planning and project execution processes across engineering and product teams
- Support business development efforts by scoping work, developing sales content/presentations and participating in sales meetings with prospects/clients
- Work directly with leadership team to define and act on client growth, analytics and strategy
- Perform and manage other tasks as assigned
- Ideally, 8+ years’ Product Owner experience leading teams using agile with demonstrated success delivering valuable products
- Experience working for consulting or large enterprise company; Healthcare and/or Medical Device Manufacturer experience a definite plus
- Excellent client management skills
- Experience in managing projects using Agile methodologies
- Experience with project management tools such as Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence), Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, or similar
- Eager to understand both the business needs behind a project and the technical solutions developed to satisfy those needs
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and time management skills to uncover and act on opportunities
- Able to influence process change without direct authority
- Ability to manage risks, priorities and expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and self-direction
- Scrum master, Agile certification, or Product owner experience a plus
- Flexibility to very occasionally work during off-hours to meet deadlines