We are seeking a Senior Quant Researcher to join our Equity Research team. This person will work with quantitative researchers and portfolio managers to enhance our investment process through rigorous quantitative analyses.
The job will consist of quantitative research with a primary application to predicting equity returns.
- Critical thinking about investment ideas and forecasting methodology and ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- Generating new ideas and writing fully-automated standalone code to translate these ideas into signals and quantitative models.
- Working with large datasets and applying sophisticated statistical techniques to understand non-obvious patterns within data.
- Testing potential signals and investment process refinements.
- Presenting analyses in clear verbal, graphical, and written form.
- Bachelors’ degree required; an advanced degree in a quantitative field is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative asset management.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative models and techniques.
- A track record of independent research using economic intuition and empirical analysis to develop signals for predicting equity returns.
- Significant experience with programming languages, databases, and tools. Knowledge of Python (preferred), Matlab, R, SAS, C/C++, or similar language is essential.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, collegiality, and the ability to excel in a self-starting environment.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written.