We are looking for a Senior Analyst to work in in collaboration with the Research, Portfolio Management and Data teams to develop and implement new models, architect solutions and build powerful analytic tools. This is an exceptional opportunity to help build out alpha, risk, transaction cost and portfolio analysis systems at Acadian as part of an entrepreneurial team. The successful candidate will be integral to developing the platform and infrastructure for quantitative models used in our equity products. As a member of the investment team, this person will closely collaborate with PMs, quantitative researchers and integration analysts.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, validate and enhance our proprietary forecast, risk, transaction cost and attribution models
- Implement, enhance and support our data platform and modeling infrastructure.
- Apply advanced algorithms and machine learning techniques from the field of quantitative finance, computational science, etc. to assist in the research of economic and financial variables.
- Work with quantitative portfolio managers to build tools and software libraries to advance analytics platforms using machine learning techniques.
- Build systems to gather, cleanse and integrate data from various sources for research and modelling needs.
We’re Looking for people with the following experience: Master’s degree with an outstanding academic record in a technical field such as science, engineering or mathematics, with 2+ years of experience as a developer for an investment firm. Or bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience. CFA charter is a plus.
- Hands on development experience in Python (Pandas, SKLearn, PyTorch, cvxopt, etc). Familiar with popular machine learning algorithms and packages. Good understanding of software system development life cycles.
- Experience in using and building high performance compute, containers, pipelines/scheduling and their relevant tools
- Familiar with financial data series, building and optimizing database structures and operating data delivery platforms.
- Advanced analytic skills and the ability to clearly articulate the approach, process and results in verbal, graphical and written form.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, collegiality and the ability to excel in a self-starting environment.
- Drive and humility to deliver on high value projects and roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Great attention to details.